GREEN PARTY OF THE UNITED STATES
For Immediate Release:
Monday, January 27, 2014
This release is online at http://www.gp.org/index.php/newsroom/press-releases/details/4/670.html
Scott McLarty, Media Coordinator, 202-904-7614, email@example.com
Starlene Rankin, Media Coordinator, 916-995-3805, firstname.lastname@example.org
Green Party TV broadcast: Green candidates and leaders will comment on President Obama's State of the Union address on Jan. 28
• The public is invited to watch, participate in the chat, and phone in questions during the broadcast
• When: Tuesday, Jan. 28, 9:00 pm ET, 6:00 pm PT
• Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/USGreenPartyonLivestream/app_142371818162
WASHINGTON, DC -- Green Party candidates running in 2014, activists, and leaders, including 2012 presidential nominee Jill Stein and running mate Cheri Honkala, will comment on President Obama's State of the Union speech in a live broadcast on Tuesday, Jan. 28 on the Green Party's Livestream channel (http://www.livestream.com/greenpartyus).
The State of the Union broadcast, which begins at 9:00 pm ET, will be aired on the Livestream page.
A chat box for open discussion will be on the screen next to the live State of the Union video. Viewers are encouraged to contribute questions for the guests, online by text chat or by phone.
After the president's address, the guests will be on the Livestream broadcast via remote webcam. Craig Seeman and Green Party national co-chair Starlene Rankin are producing the show and will also participate on air. Mr. Seeman will host.
Confirmed guests on hand to comment on the President's speech:
• Ellen Brown, Green candidate for California Treasurer (http://ellenbrown.com/treasurer), author of "Web of Debt," "The Public Bank Solution," and other books (http://ellenbrown.com/author)
• Tim DeChristopher, climate justice activist and co-founder of the environmental group Peaceful Uprising (http://www.peacefuluprising.org); his protest at a Bureau of Land Management oil and gas lease auction and subsequent conviction were profiled in the documentry "Bidder 70" (http://www.bidder70film.com)
• Bruce Dixon, co-chair of the Georgia Green Party (http://www.georgiagreenparty.org/Bio/Bruce_Dixon) and managing editor of Black Agenda Report (http://blackagendareport.com)
• Cheri Honkala, 2012 Green vice-presidential nominee, co-founder of the Poor People's Economic Human Rights Campaign (http://economichumanrights.org)
• Shamako Noble, co-founder of the Hip Hop Congress (http://hiphopcongress.com); labor and community organizer in the Bay Area, California; Hip Hop artist
• David Schwartzman, DC Statehood Green Party candidate for U.S. Shadow Senator (http://www.davidschwartzman.com)
• Jill Stein, 2012 Green Party presidential nominee (http://www.jillstein.org)
• Laura Wells, 2014 Green candidate for Controller of California (http://www.laurawells.org / Twitter: https://twitter.com/WellsController)
Some of the above participants are also members of the Green Shadow Cabinet of the United States, a civic project not sponsored by or affiliated with any political party (http://greenshadowcabinet.us). Non-Green organizations mentioned in the list above are for identification purposes only.
Green Party of the United States http://www.gp.org
• Green candidate database and campaign information: http://www.gp.org/elections.shtml
• News Center http://www.gp.org/newscenter.shtml
• Speakers Bureau http://www.gp.org/speakers
• Ballot Access Page http://www.gp.org/2012/ballot-access.html
• Video Page http://www.gp.org/video/index.php
• Green Papers http://www.greenpapers.net/
• Discussion Forum https://secure.gpus.org/secure/GreenPartyForum
• Google+ http://www.gp.org/google
• Twitter http://twitter.com/gpus
• Livestream Channel http://www.livestream.com/greenpartyus
• GP-TV Twitter page http://www.gp.org/twitter
• Facebook page http://www.gp.org/facebook
Green Pages: The official publication of record of the Green Party of the United States
Green Shadow Cabinet http://greenshadowcabinet.us
~ END ~