Saturday, November 07, 2009

Local Government Continues to Harass Protesters

Today, I attended a meeting of groups who are exploring starting a coalition to hold the Rochester Police Department accountable for their actions. I don't know if it was "announced" - I was invited via e-mail. It was held at the Flying Squirrel on Clarissa Street at 2pm today.

Just before we started, a Channel 13 news van stopped by. I'm not sure, but I think the organizers of the meeting told them to move on.

But what a shock! At 2:45pm, the Fire Department shows up to inspect the building. What a coincidence!

This is really pathetic. Obviously, if the RPD and the rest of the government took care of business the way they're supposed to, they wouldn't feel the need to do lame stuff like this. Gosh, are these citizens getting under their skin a bit?

-Dave Atias

No comments: