Saturday, February 10, 2007
Hunger Action Legislative Action Day
Fellow Greens and Freinds,
Please join Hunger Action on Tuesday, March 13th for our Legislative Education & Action Day in Albany. Join us to fight for:
- A Legislative Commission on Universal Health Care;
- Raising the Welfare Grant;
- Real Jobs for Low-Income New Yorkers; and
- Improving the Welfare Program in the State.
We will also be urging the legislature to support funding for emergency food programs, transportation to work initiatives, affordable housing, education and training opportunities, and affordable childcare.
With a new Governor in office, there is much we can achieve for all New Yorkers! Governor Spitzer has already proposed to increase funding for Emergency Food Programs by over $5 million!
We need to be in Albany to make sure that proposal goes through and to make sure that our other proposals for positive change get enacted!
Please take the time to come with us, make your voice heard at the State Capitol, and take our message to where the decisions are being made!
Letfs pack the buses to Albany and tell our legislators that we demand economic security for all New Yorkers!
Please Hunger Action at (212) 741-8192 or (518)434-7371 to RSVP, to learn more about transportation options from your area and so that we can arrange legislative appointments for your group!
click here for other steps you can take to help end hunger in New York, including:
• Join the Empire State Economic Security Campaign (ES2)
• Organize a Hunger Awareness Day Event
• Sign-on to support our TANF implementation and Raising the Welfare Grant efforts
• Become a member of Hunger Action Network
Please take action today! See you on March 13th!
Bich Ha Pham
Posted by Jason Nabewaniec