Friday, November 03, 2006

Have You Moved This Year?

Hello Democracy Fans!

If you've moved since the last election and filed a change of address form with the Post Office, BUT did not change your voter registration, you have been dropped from registered voter list.

What happens is that in August, the Board of Elections sends everyone a letter telling them where their polling place is. The envelopes say "do not forward". So if your letter is sent back to the BOE, you are unregistered to vote.

This is what you do...

Go to your NEW polling place and ask for an affidavit ballot. It's a paper ballot that will get checked by the BOE before it's counted. To find out where that is, go to

No comments: