Thursday, March 02, 2006

I recently was a guest speaker in some Participation in Government classes in one of the area's suburban high schools. The following is an e-mail I received from a student who was in one of the classes. I've taken out the young man's name & the school he goes to. He is fine with me sharing this and I've already sent it along to a progressive I know who is currently serving in the National Guard. (more on her later)

I thought it may be appropriate for fellow Greens to give him feedback. When people post comments, I'll direct him to the site.


Mr. Atias,

You recently came to a class of mine to speak. I thought you were an inspired speaker and because of you I am thinking about donating to the Green party and/or participating in assisting you in reaching that goal of becoming in positions of power. However, assisting you will not only alienate my parents from myself (they are staunch Republicans) but it would also be biting the hand that feeds me (I am an Air force Recruit). Given that, I still think that your party has some potential.
Any Comments, Random statements, or Continued conversation is much appreciated.

Thank You for your time.

No comments: